Friday, September 17, 2010

get off your high horse and step on to your soap box

" The golden moment in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone."

~ George Eliot

We only realize things when it's too late. Oh the beauty in life and growing as a person.

Growing

Why would a person not want to grow?
Why would a person want to live in blindness, darkness?
Who sees bliss in ignorance?

Hurt the people you say you love just to make yourself happy.

~when a person steals his bounty, he spends the rest of his life fighting to keep it, he can't just enjoy the beauty in it.~

that goes with all things when selfish reasoning is involved.

So what am I trying to say?

Simply

I am proud of the person I am, bad times and all. I am honest and true and even though I keep getting used up, wadded up, and thrown away like trash.

I refused to live in the darkness, I WILL find beauty in all of this:

and I will STILL treasure my friends, even though they all see me as disposable.

No comments:

Post a Comment